Announcing Subsurface 4.8.5
The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 4.8.5 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This version is a stop gap release while we are working towards Subsurface 4.9. It fixes a few bugs and adds support for a couple new dive computers. Unless you use any of the dive computers mentioned below (or are running into any of these bugs) it should be safe to skip this release. Some of the changes in Subsurface 4.8.4:
- Shearwater import: add suppport for importing Shearwater Cloud logs
- BT/BLE: all controller states other than powered off are valid (this works around issues on some Android devices where we didn’t find the Bluetooth controller)
- Core: shift dive time in correct direction
- Desktop: translate trip date
- Dive computer support:
- Fix support for Shearwater Teric with firmware v11
- Add support for Oceanic Pro Plus X over BLE
- Add support for the Cressi Goa and Cartesio
- Add support for the Ratio iDive Color series
- Add support for the Aqualung i300C
As always, binaries are available for Windows, Mac, and an AppImage for x86-64 Linux (plus distribution specific binaries for a number of Linux flavors including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Fedora, and openSUSE).
You can get Subsurface 4.8.5 from these locations:
Linux: A generic AppImage is available for download at the Subsurface GitHub Release page. Download Subsurface-4.8.5-x86_64.AppImage, make it executable
chmod +x Subsurface-4.8.5-x86_64.AppImage and then simply run this file.
Linux: Ubuntu: Add
ppa?/subsurface to your software sources; the .deb files in that PPA can also be installed on sufficiently current versions Debian and LinuxMint; see the Downloads page and use
http://ppa.launchpad.net/subsurface/subsurface/ubuntu to get our latest release version.
Linux: openSUSE / Fedora: go to our open build service release page