Announcing Subsurface 4.6 Beta 2
The Subsurface developer team is proud to announce our second beta version of Subsurface 4.6.
Some of the changes since Subsurface 4.6 Beta 1:
- Add support for importing Underwater Technologies AV1 log files
- Fixed problems posting to Facebook
- Fixed problems opening pictures from picture tab
- Improvements to OSTC firmware update handling
- Small improvements to dive planner (show repetitive dives)
- Fix surface pressure in dive planner
- Updated Windows and Mac binaries to Qt 5.7.1 (and newer versions of several other support libraries).
Binaries are available for Windows, Mac, and an AppImage for Linux (plus distribution specific binaries for a number of Linux flavors including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Fedora, and openSUSE). You can get Subsurface 4.6 Beta 2 from these locations:
Linux: A generic AppImage is available for download as Subsurface-4.6-Beta-2-x86_64.AppImage. Download this file, make it executable
chmod +x Subsurface-4.6-Beta-2-x86_64.AppImage and then simply run this file.
Linux: Ubuntu: Add
ppa:subsurface/subsurface-beta to your software sources; the .deb files in that PPA can also be installed on sufficiently current versions Debian and LinuxMint; see the Downloads page and use
http://ppa.launchpad.net/subsurface/subsurface-beta/ubuntu to get our latest beta version.
Linux: openSUSE / Fedora: go to our open build service beta page
This is a beta release, so the usual warnings apply. We don’t think it will eat your data file (and it will make a backup of your old files, just in case), but paying extra attention might not hurt. As always, we are very curious to get feedback (after all, that’s the purpose of a beta release). Please post in the User Forum or file a bug in our Bug Tracker. And as a side note, after too many problems with our old bugtracker, we just switched to using issues on GitHub, so please follow the link above, not the old link to trac you may have bookmarked previously.