Announcing Subsurface 4.8.1
The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 4.8.1 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This version brings a number of small bug-fixes and a couple of new features.
Some of the changes in Subsurface 4.8.1:
- Mac: fix crashes when opening the user manual or connecting to Facebook
- BLE support: fix recognition of Heinrich Weikamp OSTC 2 and OSTC Plus
- BT support: fix downloading / configuring some OSTC models
- Cloud storage: fix potential issue with credentials on Linux
- Profile: Context menu entry to manually split a dive
- Dive media: support addition of videos
- Dive media: locate moved files based on filename and path
- Planner: fix bug in dive mode drop-down and planner notes
Binaries are available for Windows, Mac, and an AppImage for x86-64 Linux (plus distribution specific binaries for a number of Linux flavors including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Fedora, and openSUSE). Please note that distributions based on Ubuntu 18.04 are currently not supported with distribution specific binaries due to a change in the way Qt is packaged in the latest Ubuntu version.
You can get Subsurface 4.8.1 from these locations:
chmod +x Subsurface-4.8.1-x86_64.AppImage and then simply run this file.
Linux: Ubuntu: Add
ppa:subsurface/subsurface to your software sources; the .deb files in that PPA can also be installed on sufficiently current versions Debian and LinuxMint; see the Downloads page and use
http://ppa.launchpad.net/subsurface/subsurface/ubuntu to get our latest release version. Again, Ubuntu 18.04 based releases currently aren’t supported by this.
Linux: openSUSE / Fedora: go to our open build service release page