The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 4.7.5 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This version of Subsurface makes a set of improvements in the Bluetooth integration, the planner, the map widget and the dive photo user interface.
Some of the changes in Subsurface 4.7.5:
- Compute plan variations in background to improve responsiveness
- Improve profile rescaling in planner
- Store the gas switch depth of a cylinder from the planner in the logbook file or git storage. No more need to reenter this value on replanning.
- Improved handling of different information (divemaster, buddy, suit, notes) when merging two dives.
- Limit min. GFlow to 10 and min. GFhigh to 40 in preferences for profile and planner
- Fix issues related to debug logging on Windows
- Add “Bluetooth mode” in the BT selection dialog: Auto, LE, Classical
- Correct display of cylinder pressures for merged dives
- Allow user defined cylinders as default in preferences
- Tag-editing: comma entry shows all tags (again)
- Printing: the bundled templates are now read-only and are always overwritten by the application. The first time the user runs this update, backup files of the previous templates would be created
- Fix issues with filters not updating after changes to the dive list
- Map-widget: allow updating coordinates on the map when the user is editing a dive site by pressing Enter or clicking a “flag” button
- Map-widget: prevent glitches when the user is interacting with the map while animations are in progress
- Planner: don’t accidentally enable o2breaks option when entering planner in recreational mode
- Various small improvements in the dive photo UI
Binaries are available for Windows, Mac, and an AppImage for x86-64 Linux (plus distribution specific binaries for a number of Linux flavors including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Fedora, and openSUSE).
You can get Subsurface 4.7.5 from these locations:
Linux: A generic AppImage is available for download at the Subsurface GitHub Release page. Download Subsurface-4.7.5-x86_64.AppImage, make it executable
chmod +x Subsurface-4.7.5-x86_64.AppImage and then simply run this file.
Linux: Ubuntu: Add
ppa:subsurface/subsurface to your software sources; the .deb files in that PPA can also be installed on sufficiently current versions Debian and LinuxMint; see the Downloads page and use
http://ppa.launchpad.net/subsurface/subsurface/ubuntu to get our latest release version.
Linux: openSUSE / Fedora: go to our open build service release page