Announcing Subsurface 4.8.4
The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 4.8.4 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This version adds experimental support for BLE dive computers under Windows and additionally brings a couple of small bug-fixes and a couple of new features. Some of the changes in Subsurface 4.8.4:
- Windows: add experimental support for BTLE dive computers. For more information have a look at section 5.2.2 of the user manual (“On Windows”).
- Desktop: fix import of CSV files containing quotes
- Desktop: import Poseidon MkIV via dive log import dialog
- Desktop: show coordinates if no tags from reverse geo lookup
- Desktop: sort on date in case of equal fields
- Desktop: indicate sort direction in list header
- Desktop: use defined sort-order when switching sort column
- Desktop: fix a bug in planner for dives with manual gas changes
- Desktop: don’t add dive-buddy or dive-master when tabbing through fields
- Desktop: implement undo/redo for all dive list-modifying operations
- Desktop: don’t show “invalid dive site” debugging message
- Desktop: HTML export: write statistics of exported dives only
- Desktop: fix calculation of surface interval in the case of overlappimg dives
- Performance: don’t recalculate all filters on dive list-modifying operations
- Performance: don’t recalculate full dive list on dive list-modifying operations
- Performance: calculate full statistics only when needed
- Map: zoom on dive site when selecting items in dive site list
As always, binaries are available for Windows, Mac, and an AppImage for x86-64 Linux (plus distribution specific binaries for a number of Linux flavors including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Fedora, and openSUSE).
You can get Subsurface 4.8.4 from these locations:
Linux: A generic AppImage is available for download at the Subsurface GitHub Release page. Download Subsurface-4.8.4-x86_64.AppImage, make it executable
chmod +x Subsurface-4.8.4-x86_64.AppImage and then simply run this file.
Linux: Ubuntu: Add
ppa:subsurface/subsurface to your software sources; the .deb files in that PPA can also be installed on sufficiently current versions Debian and LinuxMint; see the Downloads page and use
http://ppa.launchpad.net/subsurface/subsurface/ubuntu to get our latest release version.
Linux: openSUSE / Fedora: go to our open build service release page