Announcing Subsurface 4.8.3
The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 4.8.3 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This version comes fairly quickly after 4.8.2; it brings a couple of small bug-fixes and a couple of new features. Some of the changes in Subsurface 4.8.3:
- Desktop: enable GPU switching on macOS
- Dive media: rudimentary support for XMP metadata
- Desktop: remember up to four dive computers that have been used to download dives and provide easy shortcut buttons to switch between them
- Dive computer support:
- add support for Mares BlueLink Pro based BLE download
- add support for Aqualung i100
- Garmin Descent Mk1: allow import of FIT files downloaded from Garmin Connect
- fix bug in Shearwater Teric support
As always, binaries are available for Windows, Mac, and an AppImage for x86-64 Linux (plus distribution specific binaries for a number of Linux flavors including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Fedora, and openSUSE).
You can get Subsurface 4.8.3 from these locations:
Linux: A generic AppImage is available for download at the Subsurface GitHub Release page. Download Subsurface-4.8.3-x86_64.AppImage, make it executable
chmod +x Subsurface-4.8.3-x86_64.AppImage and then simply run this file.
Linux: Ubuntu: Add
ppa:subsurface/subsurface to your software sources; the .deb files in that PPA can also be installed on sufficiently current versions Debian and LinuxMint; see the Downloads page and use
http://ppa.launchpad.net/subsurface/subsurface/ubuntu to get our latest release version.
Linux: openSUSE / Fedora: go to our open build service release page