Announcing Subsurface 4.7.5
The Subsurface development team proudly announces the release 4.7.5 of Subsurface, an open source dive log and dive planning program for Windows, Mac and Linux.
This version of Subsurface makes a set of improvements in the Bluetooth integration, the planner, the map widget and the dive photo user interface.
Some of the changes in Subsurface 4.7.5:
- Compute plan variations in background to improve responsiveness
- Improve profile rescaling in planner
- Store the gas switch depth of a cylinder from the planner in the logbook file or git storage. No more need to reenter this value on replanning.
- Improved handling of different information (divemaster, buddy, suit, notes) when merging two dives.
- Limit min. GFlow to 10 and min. GFhigh to 40 in preferences for profile and planner
- Fix issues related to debug logging on Windows
- Add “Bluetooth mode” in the BT selection dialog: Auto, LE, Classical
- Correct display of cylinder pressures for merged dives
- Allow user defined cylinders as default in preferences
- Tag-editing: comma entry shows all tags (again)
- Printing: the bundled templates are now read-only and are always overwritten by the application. The first time the user runs this update, backup files of the previous templates would be created
- Fix issues with filters not updating after changes to the dive list
- Map-widget: allow updating coordinates on the map when the user is editing a dive site by pressing Enter or clicking a “flag” button
- Map-widget: prevent glitches when the user is interacting with the map while animations are in progress
- Planner: don’t accidentally enable o2breaks option when entering planner in recreational mode
- Various small improvements in the dive photo UI
Binaries are available for Windows, Mac, and an AppImage for x86-64 Linux (plus distribution specific binaries for a number of Linux flavors including Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Fedora, and openSUSE).
You can get Subsurface 4.7.5 from these locations:
Linux: A generic AppImage is available for download at the Subsurface GitHub Release page. Download Subsurface-4.7.5-x86_64.AppImage, make it executable
chmod +x Subsurface-4.7.5-x86_64.AppImage and then simply run this file.
Linux: Ubuntu: Add
ppa:subsurface/subsurface to your software sources; the .deb files in that PPA can also be installed on sufficiently current versions Debian and LinuxMint; see the Downloads page and use
http://ppa.launchpad.net/subsurface/subsurface/ubuntu to get our latest release version.
Linux: openSUSE / Fedora: go to our open build service release page